2017년 1월 5일 목요일

Taebaek torist attractions - "Descendants of the Sun" filiming location, Manhangjae, Gumunso, etc.

Solgogae Pine tree in Yeongwol city /

Manhangjae located on the border Yeongwol, Jeongseon, and Taebaek /

"Descendants of the sun" filming location, Taebaek Gowon Natural Recreation Forest , Gumunso, Paleozoic Museum in Taebaek city


There are a lot of tourist attactions in Taebaek city. I travelled to Taebaek again and made a room reservation at Taebaek Gowon Natural Recreation Forest this time.

The trip course was as follows.


1st day : Solgogae Pine tree  -> Manhangjae  -> Taebaek stir-fried chicken (Take out) -> Filming location of the famous TV drama "Descendants of the Sun"

2nd day : Gumunso, Taebaek Paleozoic Museum.



The trip course marked in red.

I happened into Solgogae on my way to Taebaek and stopped by there because of it's beautiful scenery. There is a 280-year-old fine tree. There is a sign to make a wish upon the pine tree. I did it  but, my wish hasn't come true yet (my wish is to win the lottery ^^).  Anyway, the scenery is good and it doesn't have to walk much to see the sights. If you go to Taebaek, I recommend you to drop by this place.


There is a sign to make a wish upon the pine tree.
It doesn't mean that it has become a reality.


After walking just this road, we can see the pine tree.

It is the 280-year-old pine tree.
There are other pine trees around here.


The unusal thing is that we can see the name of the village residents here.


I moved to to Manhangjae. It is famous for beautiful wildflowers and is located on the border Yeongwol, Jeongseon, and Taebaek. It was a bit difficult to drive there because of it's steep slope. That's when I think that I wish I had a nice car. It was really cold on the top of Manhangjae. Because I didn't prepare for the cold weather,  I didn't spend much time to look around here. I will come here in summer next time.



We have to eat even if it's extremely cold ^^



Why don't you try some "Gimbab" ??





There are some table and benches. Because the famous restaurants are always  crowded and noisy,  I think it's good idea to bring some food and enjoy a picnic with your family or freinds as long as it's not so cold.





Because it was cold, we couldn't see much wild flowers this time unfortunately.






 The most famous food in Taebaek is stir-fried chicken.I heard that we have to wait for at the least 1hour if we want to try it in there. There were lots of people in the restaurant and many people were already waiting. I was already full, I decided to take out. We can order the meals at the least for two.




The way to Taebaek city from Manhangjae. From here, we could see a wind power plant which is where I visited last time.






Photo spot.


Next, I  went to "Descendants of the sun" filming location because my wife loved this TV drama. According to Tmap, I try to find there but, it was the wrong way.
I could know the right way with the sign below.





If you see this sign, you're also going the wrong way.








The filming location for "Descendants of the sun" is not so big but, it's worth to visit.
We can try military uniform and doctor's gown and we can become like "Sijin Yoo" and "Moyeon Kang" There are are several sizes available and there are clothes for kids too. Best of all, there is no entrance fee ^^





Just like " Sijin Yoo"



After trying the military uniform and doctor's gown on, we can go around this place and take photo outside too.


 

My wife pushed me to try it on.


Free blood pressure checks and inbody measurements are available here.


There is PX too like military unit.
We can buy some drinks and a light snacks here but, it's not a tax exemption like real PX.





 After that, I moved to Taebaek Gowon Natural Recreation Forest. It way really good place to have a rest.






Children love this kinds of duplex type building. My daughter loved this place too.






Entrance of the Taebaek Gowon Natural Recreation Forest




It is the "Taebaek stir-fried chicken"  which I took out. It was yummy but, it was salty for me.


On the second day, I went to Gumunso and Paleozoic Museum.  




  


A big stone gate called  Gumunso. It was made by water penetrated a mountain.
.




Gumunso is designated as a natural monument number 417.


 






Try to find the flying crane in this picture.
We can go down and walk around.

The way to the Paleozoic Museum from Gumunso. It is very near from Gumunso.
Lots of grape trees were there.


The entrance fee for the museum is just 2,000 Korean Won for adults and it's good for the price. It took about an hour and a half to look around.









A trilobite




Dinosaur models








.









Experience to take a rubbing of a stone inscription.



A slow post office. 
If we put a letter in here, it will be delivered 1year later.



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기